All images are optimized, but WP Checkup doesn't think so

When I run WP Checkup, one of the issues found is image optimizing. (attached screenshot)

However, when I click on "How to Fix," my dashboard tells me everything is already fixed. (attached screenshot)

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Lori,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked your site with WP Checkup and I can see the list of the images reported.

One of them is an image in your Media Library so I suppose you may have "original images" excluded from "smushing" in your "WP Smush" settings, is that correct? If so, you could try to find that image in "Media Library" and smush it individually.

As for other images. They are stored externally: it seems that you are using Jetpack (most likely Photon module enabled) and its offloading images to wp.com cloud. Images that are hosted externally (on 3rd party services) cannot be optimized by WP Smush and other optimization plugins of that kind.

WP Checkup detects them to let you know about issue and in case that external storage was "manageable" by you (then you could optimize the manually). In that case however there's not much that can be done, I'm afraid. If you change Jetpack configuration so these images wouldn't be offloaded to wp.com cloud, you could then use WP Smush to optimize them.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.