all. Is Marketpress only meant for single store utilization

Hi all. Is Marketpress only meant for single store utilization or is there a way to turn it into a marketplace type store where "vendors" can set up their own stores? Somewhat similar to what Dokan does.

I appreciate any feedback. I've used Dokan in the past, but love all of the WPMUDev products and want to use them more in my sites. Just trying to figure out workarounds for what I need.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Chad,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This is entirely possible with our MarketPress. You will want to install it on a Multisite WP site and then either activate plugin "site by site" or "network enable" it.

The "site by site" activation:

Admins of sub-sites of your network may enable MarketPress and run their stores. These will be completely separate stores.

The "network wide" activation:

Admins of sub-sites may run their own stores but you - as a super-admin (network owner) - have some more control over it, there can be a "global shopping cart" used (so customers could by from different stores in one place) and you could even charge commission per every sale.

Please take a look here (scroll down until "Using on WordPress Multisite" section):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/#product-usage

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.