All, I've been bouncing the idea around of starting some

Hello All,
I've been bouncing the idea around of starting some online training. I was thinking if it were possible to build a multisite and make it a membership site. Add courses site by site and when people sign up and pay for that course they gain access to that site. If I made the sites private and as they gain access to the site it would appear on the directory page as a resource they have access to. There would be some free content as well as a store on the main site, and advertising for all throughout.

Would the membership plugin make this possible?
Would it be able to interact with my WHMCS?
Are there any other plugins that you think would be of benefit in a project like this?

Thanks in advance.
I have a ton of training to make use of and thought this might be a good way to put it out there.

All feedback is welcome.
Richard

• PC

Hello Richard,

Greetings and thanks for your post.

I was thinking if it were possible to build a multisite and make it a membership site

Yes you can use Membership plugin with Global tables to offer subscriptions networkwide.

However as you are planning to offer different courses on different subsites, why don't you simply keep it separate of all subsites (i.e. different settings on different sites)

That ways, you can create a directory of all the subsites on your main site and then on the subsites you can offer some free and some paid content.

To maintain the same look and feel, you can use our New Blog Templates (https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/) plugin.

Would it be able to interact with my WHMCS?

There is no direct integration between WHMCS and Membership. What kinda interaction are you looking for ?

Are there any other plugins that you think would be of benefit in a project like this?

New Blog Templates as I suggested above.

Ultimate Facebook for the power of facebook

Ultimate Branding : For branding the network in your name

and Pay With a Like : For hiding the free content behind a Social paywall.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Richard

Thanks PC.
    I have not studied out Membership plugin yet.
    I need to since I have two membership sites in the works.

I did want to keep them separate. I'm just not 100% on the best way to handle the paid access to each site. Thus the WHMCS question.

What would be the best way to have members of the main site pay for courses that are separate paid sites? Should I have membership on the main site and paid acces to the sub sites or is that redundant?

Can the sites be kept hidden until they remembers?
    IF so, what i the best way to offer the membership to each course?
    Can I set up an offering and a link to register without showing the course itn the directory page? Keep it private to non members?

The rest of the plugins you recommended I get and they are good recommendations.

Thanks PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.