All JS and CSS are giving 404.

My media library and most of the admin pages are broken. Gettings 404 error on my JS and CSS files. Please check and help. https://monosnap.com/file/IUW1j1FIn9030sGv2XCOXTbkglGDMK

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Claire

I hope you’re well today and thank you for reaching out to us!

I checked the site and found out that inside the /wp-includes folder there is an additional .htaccess file. That file contains some rules added by Defender’s “PHP Execution” security tweak.

However, it also contained some additional, similar rules that were actually blocking access to PHP files entirely. Since WordPress must have access to these files to be able to work properly, blocking them resulted in the issue that you were experiencing. It’s also the reason why update/re-install didn’t work – because the files were updated but that .htaccess file (which is not there by default) remained intact.

To fix that, I’ve edited that .htaccess file (inside /wp-includes folder) and removed additional rules from it, leaving only security rules placed there by Defender plugin. The site seems to be up and running now – both back- and front-end.

Please double-check it though just in case and if there’s anything that I possibly missed, let me know and I’ll be happy to address it.

Best regards,

Adam

PS. Fabulous CBGs! I was really tempted to work slower to have a chance to look more at them :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.