All my websites just went down. I haven't made any updats or changes!

I went to view my sites today and they are all down. I haven't made any changes. Can anyone help me out?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Mr. Goodfellow,

If don't have access to wp-config, first you will need to try to disable all the plugins using FTP account (or cPanel file manager) - in wp-content directory change name of the plugins folder to plugins1 and this will deactivate them at once. Then you should get access to your admin panel and you will know that one of the plugins is culprit.

If yes, then again rename plugins1 to plugins and then inside start renaming each plugin directory until that error will be gone. This way you will know what caused it.

If plugins are not issue, then you need to enable debug log in WordPress. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

I would need then to see content of the debug.log file - so please upload it to service like a Dropbox and paste link here.

kind regards
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.