[All Plugins / Themes] Cannot install or update themes/plugins

Hi Support,

I'm unable to install or update any themes or plugins through the WP Admin interface. The only way I am able to install/update them is to use FTP. The error is "update failed." Please help!

Thanks,
Joe

• Nastia

Hello Joe

Hope you're doing well!

I'm sorry to hear you have this issue. Please see if there is a conflict with another plugin. Deactivate all the plugins and try to update any plugin. If all is well, start activating one plugin at a time, each time trying updating a plugin. Once the issue will be back, last activated plugin causing this issue.

If the issue still persists with all plugins deactivated, please enable WordPress debug. Place these lines in the wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Make sure that you insert these lines above /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */. Please try to update any plugin. This way all errors will be saved in the debug.log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Please rename the debug.log file to debug.txt and attach the file here so we could have a closer look.

Please advise,

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Nahid

Hey Joe !
    Hope you are doing well today!

As the installation and updates of themes and plugins in your site are working when the SERP Tech plugin is disabled, I believe it is something the respective plugin's developer(s) should be aware of. I'd recommend you to get in touch with them requesting their attention over the issue.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.