All Posts on Home page

OK - I am a newbie here at WPMU DEV, just got access today...

I have a fresh install using 2.9.2 WPMU and Buddy Press - using the BP Columns 1.2 by modemlooper.

I have installed post indexer - per the instructions and recent global posts widget.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't post indexer supposed to put all the posts on the home page - inline with the posts from the main site? I uploaded the SQL and according to a few posts I read here on the forum - post indexer is not available in the plugins list... which is fine...

but where are the posts from the test sub blog I made? AmI supposed to do something else - like edit the code somewhere?

I did activate the recent Global posts widget and I see the posts there. But not with the formating I was looking for - I would like to see every post shown in the main site with the main sites story format etc.

in the recent global posts it lists
Blog User wrote a new blog post: TITLE of Post 29 minutes ago · View

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't post indexer supposed to put all the posts on the home page - inline with the posts from the main site?

I'm afraid not. The Post Indexer plugin just indexes posts. You have to use other plugins (such as the widget you mentioned) to utilize the data generated by the Post Indexer. We do not offer a plugin that injects every post indexed by the post indexer into the main blog.

Thanks,
    Andrew

• kosmo_p
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I believe i have managed to turn my left column into a main widgeted area at this point - and I have included the "recent posts" which appears to be the main content of the site. Now how would I stylize the output from the recent posts?

I would like to move what appears to be the headline - to the bottom ( Blog User wrote a new blog post: TITLE of Post 29 minutes ago · View)

Then I would like to grab a copy of the "title of post" and repeat a linked version of that again at the top of the post.

I would also like to include the first 250 words of the post - not just a few lines.

regarding the duplicate content comment from John - your right if the individual blogs are indexed - my intentions are to have only the main blog indexed by google. ( if its possible - which i think it could be with a robots.txt file )

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.