All subscriptions set to Expired (no access)

I talked about this in another thread but since this is REALLY urgent and costing me my customers I wanted to create a new one.

ALL MEMBERSHIPS have been set to Expired (no access) although the expiration date is in the future. Even new customers experience this.

I cannot go into every single member and active the membership again. Even if I did (I tried) it just jumps back to Expired (no access). So, now I've got a bunch of paying customers that cannot access the premium features and I have no idea which ones have cancelled and which ones will get a new payment. I don't know if this is important or not though.

THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM

Please reply soon, I need to fix this like now. Pretty please.

/Desperate

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Joakim, Michael here!

While the subscriptions would need to be re-added manually (I will say that there's a bulk modify option inside of the "All Members" page, perhaps that would help), could you please insert the following define into your site's wp-config.php:

define( "MS_LOCK_SUBSCRIPTIONS", true );

This will mean that memberships can't expire, so this is only intended as a temporary measure, while we're looking into the cause of this here.

Next, more questions: What's the version of Membership 2 Pro that you're running on your present live site? Did this start happening after an update? What led up to this behavior here?

Also, given that we want the live site to be uninterrupted, would you happen to have a test site on the same hosting, that we could look at? If not, would it be possible to set up one?

If so, could you then send in the following please via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Joakim

Just a quick update before I go to sleep:

I have two sites with Membership2, both had their memberships set to expired. I had both importing data from the old membership plugin. Both were updated to Membership2 1.0.1 today. Even a payment through Stripe caused an expired membership and I think this was after the upgrade. Since I don't know when everything went to expired, a test site wouldn't be of much use either. I need to monitor this and see if something happens automatically. I will get back to you tomorrow.

• Joakim

So! Over night all active subscriptions turned expired. I thought this would happen. Is there some kind of cron-job running that expires everything? I am sure that you have develop servers yourself to test bug reports that come in. Anyway, since I haven't done anything with the site in the night, I'm pretty sure it is something automatically happening, the plugin maybe uses the wrong time zone?

I am going to readd all the members again now with your defined constant there and hope that it won't expire anything on me. I really need to get the site going today.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Joakim! :slight_smile:

Is there some kind of cron-job running that expires everything?

There's a cron job that checks the status of memberships, but as to why they're all coming up as expired is what I'm wanting to look into on your site.

I'm pretty sure it is something automatically happening, the plugin maybe uses the wrong time zone?

Wouldn't think of it being the wrong time zone, as once again, all it's doing is checking the status of memberships.

Given the situation, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form (I'm not going to modify anything yet, this is for obtaining more information about what's going on):

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.