All snapshots on subsites work except the main primary subsite.

Hey folks,

All snapshots on subsites work except the main primary subsite (this one) when manually clicking "run now". The only real difference I see is that the size is 550 MB and the others are smaller. I just begins running and creating it but after a while and when it gets to the very end of the process it never finishes up and saves it. It just basically stops. The others work ok most if not all of the time.

How can we get this to run like the others right?

***I enabled support access in WPMUDEV Dashboard.

:slight_smile:

• Michelle Shull

Hi there, Greg!

It sounds like you are running out of memory. There are a few tricks we can do to increase the memory your WordPress install is allowed to use.

In wp.config, edit the existing memory limit or add this line:
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');

If you can access the php.ini file on your server, you can edit the PHP memory limit by changing this line:

memory_limit = 128M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (128MB)

If you can not access this file, you can try adding this line to your .htaccess file:

php_value memory_limit 128M

Since the main site is physically larger than your subsites, it could be that the memory limit isn't kicking in until you're trying to Snapshot the larger site. Try these steps, one at a time, and see if more memory helps you complete the Snapshot.

Thanks, Greg!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.