All the problems with this plugin still there (fixed just one bug)

The new version 2.0.3 fixed the bug that prevented from adding an existing member to a level, but leaves the issues with the plugin intact (I had to Deactivate it again).

1) The plugin reaches for Paypal somewhat even when there is ONLY ONE FREE subscription.
It would make more sense that with a single subscription available and free, the process would be complete without the need to choose the only subscription. This was how it worked in the 1.0.5.

2) When it presents the Paypal button (confusing for many that know the button and thing they are paying) to me it presents 2 buttons one in English and one in Italian (the language I choose). Clearly this is bad user interface

3) When I confirm the subscription nothing happens, we stay on the same page with just a confirmation message. However, since I have different menus for the unregistered and for the registered I never get the menu for the registered, so registered users cannot reach the registered area! And it totally defies the reason for registering

Overall, I was satisfied with the old plugin (the only issue was the approval was NO by default) not at all with the new version that doesn't work for me. Membership plugin seemed a cheap alternative to other plugins on the market, but it doesn't deliver. It seems definitely a work in progress, maybe this is the spirit of WPMU, but it doesn't work for me.

I just want to ask to the developer if how it works is supposed to be or the issues I described are going to be solved.

Best,

Marco

Barry

The plugin reaches for Paypal somewhat even when there is ONLY ONE FREE subscription.
    It would make more sense that with a single subscription available and free, the process would be complete without the need to choose the only subscription. This was how it worked in the 1.0.5.

Not sure I understand you here - can you give me an example?

When it presents the Paypal button (confusing for many that know the button and thing they are paying) to me it presents 2 buttons one in English and one in Italian (the language I choose). Clearly this is bad user interface

Again, not sure why you are getting two buttons - do you by any chance have both the free gateway AND the single payment gateway activated? If so, you only need to activate the single payment one as it handles free subscriptions as well - the link to the buttons graphic is set in the Settings of each gateway. If you want to change the language, you can change the image used there.

When I confirm the subscription nothing happens, we stay on the same page with just a confirmation message. However, since I have different menus for the unregistered and for the registered I never get the menu for the registered, so registered users cannot reach the registered area! And it totally defies the reason for registering

If you click off the page, say to the Home page - do you get the menu then?

I just want to ask to the developer if how it works is supposed to be or the issues I described are going to be solved.

From the bits I think I've understood in your message, these aren't bugs but details in your setup and options - it's a complex plugin and has a lot of options to configure for the right set-up.

emmedi

Barry,

I selected only the Free subscription and now the step 2 shows correctly only 1 button.
    With the 1.0.5 there was NO step 2 that I remember, it just subscribed to the only subscripton.
    However, now it works, but:

1) What if I have BOTH Free subscription and Paid service? How have I to setup the gateway? Which one? Probably the updated manual would help, where is it available?

2) The other issue remains the same: when one confirm the subscription the page changes and writes:

Completed: Thank you for signing up Your subscription to our site is now set up and you should be able to visit the members only content.

However, my menu doesn't change to reflect the new level (registered). Even if I go to the homepage the menu remains unchanged (the unregistered version).

Moreover, it would be very useful if:

a) I can send the user automatically to the page with the material accessible after subscription or to whatever page I like (for instance a "thank you page" in my language) not leaving the user on the page with the confirmation

b) I could translate the "step info" in my language

But the big issue is the one on point 2). I can have made some mistake in the setup, but I don't find anything that seems wrong, so probably I am missing the functioning

Still disabled...

Marco

Barry

With the 1.0.5 there was NO step 2 that I remember, it just subscribed to the only subscripton.

There's always been a step two. Even in the v. early betas.

What if I have BOTH Free subscription and Paid service? How have I to setup the gateway? Which one? Probably the updated manual would help, where is it available?

If you want to use single paypal payments and gateway then you only need that one gateway activated. If you want to use the PayPal express subscriptions gateway (or one of the others) then activate both the free one and that other one. Only the single payment gateways handle free subscriptions as well as paid ones.

However, my menu doesn't change to reflect the new level (registered). Even if I go to the homepage the menu remains unchanged (the unregistered version).

Is the user assigned to a subscription? What does it show in the admin area?

I can send the user automatically to the page with the material accessible after subscription or to whatever page I like (for instance a "thank you page" in my language) not leaving the user on the page with the confirmation

Yes there are filters available to change every page the plugin generates - when I get the code back up i'll post more details here.