My Calendar Plugin Problem in WP Multisite not always linking to correct events pages

Hi all
we have a strange problem with a WordPress Multisite and MyCalendar

https://wordpress.org/plugins/my-calendar/

On some events (not all) that calendar is not linking to the correct events page and instead shows an error page 404 or links to a wrong page, even we create that event new. The same event linked from another subsite links correctly without any problems.

What we have done so far.

Checked that all subsites are set up with my calendar widget the same way.
No differences here anymore!

We checked all settings of my calendar plugin on all sub - and main pages.
No difference here anymore either!

We updated the complete WordPress installation and all plugins to its newest versions.
Did not help!

We deleted all transients and cleaned up the tables from former parts which are no more available in the installation right now. - we took over the site from somebody else!
Did not help either!

We would like to know if somebody can name some other ideas where we could check why an event we create on the main site installation gets displayed correctly on some sites and does not link to other sites back from the event entry to the actual events page. What else could cause that linking problem in a Wordpress Multisite?

We will now start searching directly in the database for a hint why that isn't working like it should. For me, it looks like that old data gets read even an event gets created new, but from where is WordPress pulling that wrong data which is no more valid. It is like a WordPress Hid and Seek game grrrr...

Besides transients and Option Table, the setup of the Pages, the Widget, and Plugin configuration where else should I look at?

I like to take some more notes as I am sure that we can solve the problem but I simply don't know right now how :wink:

Thanks
Andi

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Andi,

If I understand this correctly you have an event created on Subsite1 and if you try to access that event from Calendar that's on Subsite1 it goes to 404 page, but if you check the Calendar on Subsite2 which also has link to event on Subsite1 then it's correct?

When you hover on the event link in calendar on Subsite1 is the link correct there?
    If it is so it redirects to a different one when you click on it, is that right?

Could you share the URL of both subsites so we can see this in action?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Andi
    • The Exporter

Exactly Predrag
    Unfortunately all is with .htaccess secured so can’t give the link. Where do those path data get stored and what could be the reason for different links. The url is pointing in one subsite correct to the event description on the mainsite. In anothe subsite it shows 404 with the same link. All sites in one multisite.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Andi,

Unfortunately I can't use support access because authentication popup is not letting me through.

Could you send me the login details so I can check it out?

You can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Site login url
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Authentication popup username
    - Authentication popup password
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Andi
    • The Exporter

Hi Predrag

Thanks for checking again.
    I deleted again all transients and optimized the complete Multisite with https://nl.wordpress.org/plugins/rvg-optimize-database/
    I then tried again but still, that revision link pops up like I had described in the support login comment.
    So I created a new event and that worked fine - I let now check another one who will look at it from an editor view and if that is ok then the problem would be solved.

If I don't get another negative feedback from the editor than the solution is:
    Delete the corrupt event and create a new event with same content instead.

Thanks for staying tuned.
    Andi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.