Allow a service a capacity of 3 without using no specific provider

How can I Allow a service a capacity of 3 without using no specific provider available.

I am trying to allow 5 different services with different capacities:
10 min massage at KWW = capacity 2
10 min massage at WOOD = capacity 2
10 min massage at GRBC = capacity 3
10 min massage at GRBC = capacity 2 (this is for a specific day with only 2 therapists)
10 min massage at LC = capacity 1

I want to do this on the same WP install as all my other 6 services and 6 locations that I offer.

Is this possible?

Right now the only way I can allow multiple capacity for the same time/date is to leave the no specific provider (appointments>settings>working hours) available at the same times as 2/3 other providers for that service.

I am using http://www.massagetx.com/kwwtest/grbc and http://massagetx.com/kwwtest/kentwood-test/
as my test pages

Is there an easier way to do this than having to create 2/3 providers for each service location and not have to leave the general no specific provider available for all the dates and times?

It doesn't work right now if one WP install because a lot of the dates and times overlap and will show as available because the no specific provider needs to be available for a different providers' service.

So right not I have to use four separate WP installed to allow this to happen.
thanks,
matt

• Luís

Hi @Mattbkelly,

Hope you're doing well today!

Unfortunately, to use the "capacity" feature in a service, it will require to have service providers assigned.

If you want to allow a capacity of 3 appointments per slot of time for a service, it will require 3 service providers.

The only workaround is using the feature "dummy service provider", checking the field "Dummy" right next to the service provider in Appointments -> Settings -> Service Providers.

You need to insert the service providers in the same, but you can assign the "dummy service providers" to a particular user (i.e. your user) and he will receive all emails and manage the appointments.

To do this, go to Appointments -> Settings-> General, Accessibility Settings section, and choose the user you want to "Assign dummy service providers to".

Please, see the images attached.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Mattbkelly

Please access my account to see my settings. I will try the dummy again on another site demo, but you are saying that it will work with 3 providers. I have 3 providers but the only way to make them show up is to allow the "NO SPECIFIC PROVIDER" the same working hours and exceptions (see screenshot) to be the 4th service provider. But it doesn't work when I need to do this 5 times with overlapping dates and times.

See second screenshot for service providers usage (without using dummy method but is my original thread option that I was explaining.

thanks Luís

• Luís

Hi @Mattbkelly,

I think I used the same settings in my install, but was unable to replicate or maybe I am missing something.

The capacity feature works directly with the number of service providers you have to that service. As I mentioned, if you want to allow a capacity of 3 appointments per slot of time for a service, it will require 3 service providers.

But it can be used to limit too, as an example, if you have 4 service providers for a certain service, you can limit the capacity to 2.

In the Working Hours tab, if "no specific provider" don't have the same Working hours, in the Appointments page, if you don't select a service provider (or don't show a dropdown to the user select a service provider) the slots for those days (where you defined the "Work" to "No") will not show in the calendar.

But I think that is not related to the capacity. Please try the suggestion given above, using a capacity of 3 and the same number of service providers and give us your feedback.

Cheers, Luís

• Mattbkelly

Sorry I forgot to set the service to 3for that page. Yes it needs to be an appointments page that can have 2 of the same times and two of the same services available.

8am - 10 min. kcc with therapist A
    8am - 10 min. kcc with therapist B

The only way I have been able to do that is by using the No service provider working hours and exceptions. Can you set this page up and my appointments backend up the way you are think that I can achieve this with out using No service provider area (like in the pic above?)

• Luís

Hi @Mattbkelly,

Firstly, sorry for my late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

The "No Specific Provider" option is used when you don't select any Service Provider when you make an Appointment (i.e. when you choose the option "No Preference" in the "Please choose a service provider:" field).

Responding directly to your question, yes, you can allow a service a capacity of 3 appointments per slot without using "No Specific Provider". But, users will be force to check the Service Providers to find what is available to that slot, so, they need to choose a specific provider.

I.E.

1) Appointments+ -> Settings -> Working hours, set all the "No Service Provider" "Work?" fields to "No":

2) If you check the Appointments page, no slots will be "Free";

3) If you have 2 Service Providers to a certain "Service", you will be able to make 2 appointments in the same slot (1 for each Service Provider).

In this scenario, you will need to select a Service Provider in the "Please choose a service provider:" field and check if he/she is free for that time.

You can use the "require_provider" parameter in the "app_monthly_schedule", the timetable will not be rendered unless a service provider has been previously selected.

[app_monthly_schedule require_provider="1"]

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Mattbkelly

But is there a way to select the same time slot without picking the provider? I want the same time slot to be available for two workers. In this case it doesn't matter witch one the client actually gets assigned. I just want them to reserve a time with one of two workers that are available.

If there is a way that this can be done, can you please set it up for me in this test site on this page?

http://www.massagetx.com/kwwtest

thanks,
    matt

• Luís

Hi @Mattbkelly,

Let's re-formulate the options here. If you have a service with 2 service providers assigned, you will allow schedule 2 appointments for each time slot:

1) If you don't specify the "No Specific Provider" working hours, you will need to force the users to select a specific service provider.

I.E. using the shortcode:

[app_service_providers]

2) If you want to allow the users to pick a time slot without select a service provider, you will need to to specify the "No Specific Provider" working hours to have same working hours of the service providers.

But is there a way to select the same time slot without picking the provider? I want the same time slot to be available for two workers. In this case it doesn't matter witch one the client actually gets assigned. I just want them to reserve a time with one of two workers that are available.

I.E -> The Service with the ID = 2 have 2 service providers assigned and a capacity of 2.

To create a page to schedule appointments only to this service, you just need to use these shortcodes:

[app_monthly_schedule service="2"]

[app_confirmation]

But, as the user have not chosen a Service Provider, you will need to assign the appointments to the Service Provider in the back-end, so he/she can see the appointment in their profile. (See the image attach)

Cheers, Luís

• Mattbkelly

So basically there is no way to select two workers for the same time without having people select the worker? (These are chair massage treatments and it does not matter which worker is assigned to the client and it doesn't matter to the worker to know which client they are assigned as I am granting them admin access to see all sign ups).

this is disappointing. Seems like there should be a way to make this happen without having to use the "No Service Provider" set to yes under working hours.

Let me know if you think of something.

thanks,
    matt

• Luís

Hi @Mattbkelly,

As I mentioned in my previous reply, you have two options: or you allow users to select the service provider or use the "No Service Provider" feature.

Using the "No Service Provider" feature, the appointment will be shown in the backend without a Service Provider assigned, it will show "Our staff".

Unfortunately, I am not seeing other way to do that, without using one of the above options.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.