Allow admins to manually post to Facebook

sorry if this is possible already and i'm just not seeing how

when i install this plugin, existing posts are indicated as not being in Facebook - i'd like to be able to selectively push specific posts to my Facebook Page

is this possible?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi locomo,

Sure, you can allow manual posting to Facebook by unticking the Allow autoposting new posts to Facebook option as illustrated here.

With that done, you'll then be able to post on an individual basis within the visual editor for each post as illustrated here.

Admins would be able to post individual posts very easily in that case. Let us know if you have any questions on that! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    David

• locomo
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@iaonp - this thread is about the Ultimate Facebook plugin

Thanks David - I think I might need to turn this thread into a feature request.

This is my use case - I'm installing Ultimate Facebook on an existing site with lots of existing posts. Going forward I want autoposting enabled for all new posts. But as admin, I also want the control to be able to push older posts to Facebook .. or for that matter, re-post certain posts to Facebook more than once. We have some "evergreen" content that is relevant year after year (say a holiday shopping guide).

So I'd like the option to both have autoposting enabled AND be able to manually push to Facebook w/o having to toggle the setting each time.

cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.