Allow content splitting

In Post Data element settings, what does “Allow content splitting” do, and how is it used?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Sacred Website,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Allow content settings acts like pagination in single post, it’s like a more tag, but it seems like I’m not able to make that work, I’ll have to ping the developer to check whether I’m missing something, or whether there is some issue with how it’s implemented. The developer is not online at the moment, will keep you posted once I get a update regarding this asap. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Sacred Website,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Allow content splitting doesn’t work like pagination, and that part seems to be incorrect, and my apologies for not being clear on that.

What Allow content splitting does is split your contents into different post datas, ie it’s an advanced feature where your post content can be split across multiple post data elements. For eg:

Paragraph 1
    <hr class="content-splitter" />
    Pararaph 2
    <hr class="content-splitter" />

For example, the above is the post data of your page, then once you configure Allow content splitting option, the Paragraph 1 will be divided into one post data element, and Paragraph 2 will be divided into another post data element.

Benefit of this is that you can freely mix design elements with pieces of your post, ie you can add an element in between your post data elements. For eg, you can add a Slider, or Map Element in between Paragraph 1, and Paragraph 2, which is not possible by default if you only have a single post data element.

To make this work, you’ll have to create a page, and a content, and make sure to select the following setting as shown in the screenshot:

Pleas do note to enter 3 times to add a divider for each paragraph, in order for the content splitting to work.

To split the content, what you have to do is add another post data, by dragging, and placing in below the current post content, please make sure to create a new preset, and add Content Part as 2, as shown in the screenshot:

So the content part should be entered like this, and so on:

Paragraph 1 should have content part 1

Paragraph 2 should have content part 2

Paragraph 3 should have content part 3

Please note that, you’ll have to un-tick, the Date Posted, and Title as shown in the above srceenshot, for the dragged post data element.

You’ll only see the changes, once you are done, and saved the settings. The contents will hence be divided into 2 post data parts.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Sacred Website
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

nithin,

Thank you for your detailed and informative reply. I suggest appending this to your Upfront tutorial.

I get the idea now, and I like it very much :slight_smile: I will test it out in the future and if I have any additional questions I will repost.

Thank you deeply for your time and energy.

Best regards.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.