Allow custom mime type(s) and file sizes on upload modules

I was able to get assistance with adding/removing mime types globally for CoursePress file upload modules which helped immensely.

The feature request that I have is the ability to override the default min/max file sizes, min/max dimensions (for image mime types), and the actual mime type(s) allowed on each individual file upload module.

I am thinking that this would also have a settings page added to globally apply size, dimension, mime type settings that would be set as default on the upload modules. You would also have the possibility to define custom mime types to a list. These mime types would then be selectable from a dropdown in the file upload modules if you choose to override the defaults.

It might also be helpful to allow a custom path so that you can isolate "dangerous files" from web accessible directories. This would be helpful for programming classes when students need to upload .exe .js. py, .php, etc. as fulfillment to their assignments.

• Nastia

Hello Bryan , I trust you are doing well!

Thank you for your great suggestion! I hope it will be voted from other members of our community with "+1s" so our developers will add this feature.

It might also be helpful to allow a custom path so that you can isolate "dangerous files" from web accessible directories. This would be helpful for programming classes when students need to upload .exe .js. py, .php, etc. as fulfillment to their assignments.

It is a great idea, in the meantime, you can ask students to compress .exe .js, .php, etc. types of files before uploading.

Have a nice day and take care!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.