Allow editing function problem

I am having a problem with the Wiki (v 1.0.9) privileges/editing option. When editing is restricted, it works great - no editing options. When editing is allowed (i.e., Site user) it is all or nothing - - not only does the "Edit" tab show as you would expect, but the "Edit this entry" link also view-able, which allows the user to edit the Wiki permission settings (see attached screenshots).

Also, when the "Edit" tab is clicked, "Enabling e-mail notifications" and "Allow editing by" permission choices are showing. Is this how it is suppose to be? If so, is there a way to turn off access to the permission settings so the user is limited to only editing the content of the Wiki?

Thanks,
Michele

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Michele,

I'm not seeing the "Edit this Entry" link in testing. Is that possibly a theme related link?

The other options being provided by the plugin do appear to be the default behavior of the plugin though it's strange because any user could potentially lock out other users by unticking all the options.

I'll ask the developer to have a look here.

In case it helps, the function where those items are displayed is on line 1440 of wiki-includes.php. If you're comfortable with tweaking code to work in a more specific way you could make adjustments there.

Cheers,
    David

• topssoft
    • New Recruit

We will add an option to select under Wiki settings who can change the notification settings and permission settings.

Has this been done? Or is there another way?
    Would like to turn off access to the permission settings so the user is limited to only editing the content of the Wiki.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.