Allow Editor user role to be able to set up the activated Ultimate Facebook

Is there a way to allow "Editor" role users to set up the plug in on their site? I admin hundreds of sites and love this plug in but need to have the individual site owner (user role is always "Editor) be able to set this up themselves. I have installed it and activated it across the networks already.

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi virtualhomesre

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team and thank you for being a member!

Please network deactivate the Ultimate Facebook Plugin [edit: on your Super Network WordPress Admin Panel] as this will make it available on your network of sites as an individual plugin and therefore your users will be able to set it up themselves.

Let me know if this resolves the problem for you.

I look forward to receive your feedback.

GinaB

• virtualhomesre

Thanks for the idea but it didn't work. We do not allow "editor" users to activate plug ins so I did it on the individual site (as you suggested) as the admin and then signed in as the "editor user". It still does not show in the menu.

Any other ideas? I love this plug in as an option to wordbooker (in my opinion, very glitchy) but I can't find a way to enable our site editors to set it up.
    Thanks!

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi virtualhomesre

Thank you for the feedback. Now since network deactivating didn't solve the issue I will flag the Developer to get his feedback on possibilities (if it's possible).

Glad that you like the plugin. If you have any feedback related to it, please feel free to share it with us. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our plugins ad themes, so feedback from our users is very valuable in achieving this goal.

Have a good day and we'll be in touch soon.

GinaB

• Vladislav

Hello,

The plugin actually requires "manage_options" permission on sub-sites to allow access to changing plugin settings, and currently there isn't an easy a way around that in the plugin itself. This also makes sense because plugin integrates with some WordPress features that may require such privileges to change them. However, you could perhaps set up your options in the network settings and apply them to all subsites. Also, if the subsites require some specific settings, perhaps you could add your editors the "manage_options" permission using a capability editing plugin of some sort, so they can set up the plugin themselves. Would any of those work for your specific scenario?

• aecnu

Greetings virtualhomesre,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.