Allow Front Base in CustomPress doesn't seem to do anything and I need it to!

Our site sells custom canvas art prints. We have a custom post type called “Canvas Art Prints”. We have some custom taxonomies too – color, artist, type, and style.

We used the taxonomies to create some menus that link to archive pages and they work beautifully.

The urls look like “spiffyhippo.com/color/red”. We want them to look like “spiffyhippo.com/canvas-art/color/red”. I thought the “Allow Front Base” checkbox would do the trick but nothing. Then again it doesn’t do anything if it isn’t check either.

Will you give me an example of when and how to apply “Allow Front Base”?

We plan on creating another custom post type called “Framed Art Prints” and I already see a url nightmare approaching.

Thanks.

• bdeloach
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ok. Thanks for the reply but I still don’t get what “Allow Front Base” does. I’ve experimented with every scenario I can think of and that checkbox doesn’t appear to actually do anything.

I’ve changed up the url structure a bit since my original question and I’m still missing something with CustomPress.

I’ve created the following:

custom post type = product

custom taxonomy = canvas_prints (slug rewritten to “canvas-prints”:wink:

spiffyhippo.com/product – returns a nice archive page of all products

spiffyhippo.com/product/canvas-prints – returns “Page Not Found”

spiffyhippo.com/canvas-prints – returns “Page Not Found”

spiffyhippo.com/canvas-prints/ancient – returns another nice archive page of art

I’ve tried creating a taxonomy page template and assigning it to a page titled “Canvas Art” (slug “canvas-art”:wink: but I just get a page with “No posts match…”

I also tried creating taxonomy-canvas_art.php but I also get a “Page Not Found”.

I’ve reset permalinks after each change but still nothing but “Page Not Found” messages.

Help is much appreciated.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.