Allow me to rename the "Categories" and "Tags" slugs

This is an easy feature and should be included. In the Wiki Settings:

Add the Wiki Tag Slug and also the Wiki Categories Slug so I can rename them. This is a wiki after all. Categories isn't always the appropriate word.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings pashmina,

Thanks for bringing this up, but i do not quite get it due to the slug creation for both categories and tags are both right within the category and tag sections themselves.

Screen shots below.

Please advise as to what I am missing here.

Cheers, Joe

• pashmina
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I mean the PARENT name slug.

eg. website.com/wiki/categories/wiki-category-name

in that URL, the word "categories" cannot be renamed, and needs to be added as a setting. Just Like I can rename Wiki and Sub Wikis. I should be able to rename Wiki Categories and Wiki Tags.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings pashmina,

Thank you for the clarification and it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to:

a. put it into consideration for future development

b. see if we can help you hack it in for the moment

It might take a bit longer than useful but I'll see if I can get the lead developer in here to assist / give us some advice... in the meantime if you could post the results / problems you've come across doing it yourself here that would definitely help too.

Alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute, but we're aiming to get you sorted ourselves.

Cheers, Joe

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!
    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.