allow multi-site user to create blogs too

Here's my main multi-site: http://wordsandwriters.com

I want to allow some of my multi-sites to create more sites under their subdomain: for example, sarasotaauthors.wordsandwriters.com = first level user site under my main domain (wordsandwriters.com). Is there one of your plugins that allows the next user to be: author1.sarasotaauthors.wordsandwriters.com?? Is this the path that is created?

I further want to be able to add a Membership and/or Marketpress function to this final user site (author1.sarasotaauthors.wordsandwriters.com) where I as the main domain owner (wordsandwriters.com) can charge a membership fee. I think Marketpress can be set up and the fee shared through Paypal, what about Memberships? I don't think they can be split up between main domain owner and the first level user site, right?

Thanks, Joe.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Joe,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I shall indeed set some facts straight being that it is the WordPress core itself that allows/enables sub sites to be created, not a plugin that anyone else makes.

With that in mind you are indeed allowed to make sub sites i.e. *.yourdomain.com

But there is no such thing as sub sites of sub sites that I have ever heard of and one cannot make a DNS record to reflect *.*.yourdomain.com

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member.

Cheers, Joe

• joejacobson
    • The Bug Hunter

Okay, thanks. I guess I got confused. I thought I had read somewhere that my users (sites) could create sites under them.

Also, I notice that when I am logged in as the main site, I see the option when I go to the subdomain "my sites > create new site, " but when I click on it, it brings up my main home page. I guess that option shows up because I'm logged in as the super admin??

Thanks, Joe.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.