Allow product from one blog to be sold on another blog, and commision to be paid.

Hi

Say I want to sell the following products:

1,2,3,4,5 on blog A

6,7,8,9,10 on blog B

11,12,13,14,15 on blog C

So now I want blog C to also sell product 3, and receive a commission on that sale. Product 3 should appear on blog C as if it’s actually part of blog C, and not just appear as a link to blog A.

How would I do this?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

I think what you’re looking for her is a bit beyond what the plugin is meant to handle at the moment. Unless I’m wrong, it only provides for chained payments (commission) to one site on the multi-site install.

My thought would be to re-create the product on the sub-site. If they buy it off the main site, you’d get full price, but if they buy it off one of the sub-sites, then there would be a commission split.

Would that work for what you’re trying to accomplish here?

• rohans
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Mason

Thanks for your reply. Your solution won’t really work for me, as this would involve a lot of extra work, as well as keeping track manually of commissions etc. My idea is to make one product available to 10,000 people, who would all be able to run their own store on their own sites, even though the product actually comes from one place. If any of the 10,000 sell that product, they would be entitled to a commission.

Make sense?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya rohans,

The MarketPress plugin allows you to set up individual stores and products and automatically applies the affiliate percentage as set up by you. You don’t have to do anything manually.

If you want to setup many different sites that have a specific product in them by default, it might be worth using the New Blog Templates plugin and setting up a template site the way you want and then creating many sites with the plugin.

Alternatively, you might be able to use our affiliate plugin to keep track of the sales. Here’s a tutorial on integrating this plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/integrating-the-affiliate-plugin-part-one/

I’d say again that you’re working a bit outside of what these plugins were designed to do. Might be best to go with a google analytic code setup with some funneling for purchases or even a service like e-junkie.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.