Allow to editors edit custom post type

Please advise, how to allow Editors to access/modify only the Custom Post Type on my site called Profiles.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello BBP ,

Hope you’re doing well!

I’ve created a custom post type similar to Profile on my end, and could confirm that Editor User role can have access to a custom post type by default.

I’ve checked your site and the Editor User role do not have access to the wp-admin’s dashboard. So it is either implemented in a theme or it is applied with a plugin.

A solution here would be to create a new custom user role with the User Role plugin. This user role must have administrator capabilities, as far as I tested on your site, nor Editor nor Author can access the wp-admin, only the administrator can.

Activate the User Role plugin on your site and go to Users > User Role Editor. Click on the Add Role button. Please see this screenshot:

Give this Role and ID and a name, in my example I named the user role Main Editor and click on Add Role:

Then, tick on Checkbox that shown in the screenshot to choose all the capabilities:

This will create a user and assign the right capabilities. Please go to Users list and assign a Main Editor user role to any account:

Try to login with this user and see if you have access to edit the Profile custom post types. This is the second custom administrator role, so you might wish to hide some options. This where the plugin Adminimize comes in.

Go to Settings > Adminimize and resetrich access to Menu Options.

To restrict access, expand Menu Options tab and tick on a select all checkbox, under the Main Editor user role.

Please make sure, unselect only Profiles option inside the Menu Options tab. Please see this video with an example, where in my case, custom post type that I’m allowing the user access to is Movies:
    https://take.ms/k6S4mu

This should allow access to a new custom user role edit the Profile Custom Post type.

Let us know how it went.

Kind regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.