Allow users to choose theme during registration

Hi,

My issue is like this; I want to allow users to choose their desired theme during registration. I am afraid of customizing codes. So my question is, is there a plugin that will do the task?

Thank you!

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Coach Armstrong,

I haven't seen this done exactly, but here's a good option. Take a look at our New Blog Templates plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

It will allow you to create templates that your users can choose from. You could create a template for each theme, or you could just have a few different style templates to give your users different starting points depending on their tastes.

Best regards,

• Coach Armstrong
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

I'm interested for the 'New Blog Template'. I have a question. If I customize a theme and set several templates for the New Blog Template, then when a user choose templates that i costumized.

Will they get the appearance as exactly I have costumized? So this means that it gives an ease for the beginners?

Thank you.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi there @Coach Armstrong,

I'm very sorry about the delay here. Yes, you can indeed have all the settings in place already. This depends on the theme, and that they properly make use of the Wordpress settings API, but for the most part New Blog Templates can create a near exact replica of all settings and content.

However, for each template you will need to create a site to designate for that template. Templates are basically as set of rules that say "Use site X, and copy X,Y,Z from that site" So if you at any point change the template site, it will affect all future sites created by that template.

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.