Allow Wordpress site ( created from Wordpress Network ) have its own registered users, and these use

Hi good day,

I have a Wordpress Network installation and I have created a few sites with it.

There is 1 site in particular which I want it to be able to allow its own registered users, and these users can only read the posts of this blog in which they have registered for.

At the sametime, once the above privacy settings has been set, I want to allow new readers to register for this blog.

May I know what are the settings I need to adjust in order to achieve the above?

Best Regards.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello there!

Are you using Multisite and Network? They are two very different things.

I'm going to assume you mean multisite as this plugin would be a little redundant to protect a network from registration and views.

You will need to set the site to allow only registered users to view.

And you can set the network admin settings much like those on the project page. As you are using those restrictive settings on only one site you just need to make sure you have "allow Admin override" set to yes.

• Fish&Toast
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

I dont quite understand the difference between Network or Multisite. Arent they the same? I created my wordpress installation and enabled Multisite based on the instructions found here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

Also, i do not intend to protect the network from registration and views. I only want to protect 1 particular site ( created from this network ) form views ( not reigstration ).

I noticed that I do not have the options as shown in privacy65.jpg, and i'm logged in as a super admin.

This means that I am unable to allow admin override.

Am i missing anything?

• Fish&Toast
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi good day,

I've applied your settings but i have the same problem: when an anonymous user registers in Site A ( created from the network ), the anonymous user is registered for the network, and not for Site A. In fact the user information shows up in the Users found under Network Admin, but it does not show up in Site A's admin.

Is there a bug? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @cryious,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.