allowing blog owners to setup other blogs

I'm not quite understanding something about how this plugin works. Does it allow you to set it up so that pro site members can setup other sites on their own?

For example: we want to be able to set up our site so that a certain level of pro users would be able to in turn set up other sites on their own. Does this plugin allow that? Can they setup any number of sites or is there a limit.

I'm seeing on edublogs that the pro membership allows them to upgrade up to 50 student blogs. What does this mean?

Sorry for my confusion ... just not quite following how it all works. How does a pro user Create blogs & users? Thanks :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings thirdriver,

I'm not quite understanding something about how this plugin works. Does it allow you to set it up so that pro site members can setup other sites on their own?

That is absolutely correct.

For example: we want to be able to set up our site so that a certain level of pro users would be able to in turn set up other sites on their own. Does this plugin allow that? Can they setup any number of sites or is there a limit.

This is totally dependent on how you configure the plugin. Though you cannot control how many they set up by the numbers unless you do not offer free sites, you can control almost every aspect of the available plugins and themes with Pro Sites. You can also make it so there is not free trial at all then every site must be paid for.

I'm seeing on edublogs that the pro membership allows them to upgrade up to 50 student blogs. What does this mean?

It means just what it says, that pro membership allows them to create 50 blogs. It is not relevant that it says "student" - it is the same thing as any other.

Sorry for my confusion ... just not quite following how it all works. How does a pro user Create blogs & users?

Just like any other blog/site - they register and in the dashboard they have access to the privileges you allow them via the Pro Sites plugin.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Sue

Hi thirdriver

Always happy to explain how Pro sites works as there is a bit to understand.

The Pro sites plugin was originally developed for Edublogs.org and its purpose is to help you create your own profitable blog network, like Edublogs.org or WordPress.com. It is a subscription based model where you have different types of sites and users can choose to upgrade their site, as a monthly, quarterly or yearly subscriber, to access more features.

For example on Edublogs.org we have two different types of sites: free blogs; and Pro blogs. Our free blogs have very basic features. Our goal is that our free blogs encourage people to want to sign up for our service while features on our Pro blogs encourage users to want to upgrade to Edublogs Pro.

We have no restrictions on the total number of blogs any user can create because the more blogs a user creates the more chance they will want to upgrade Edublogs Pro and the more Edublogs Pro upgrades they need.

The Upgrade up to 50 student blogs means that every Pro blog can enable extra features on up to 50 other blogs. This doesn't make them full Edublogs Pro blogs and just gives them some extra features such as ability to add embed code, access to Premium themes and ability to change Privacy. We refer to these as upgraded blogs and in Pro sites you specify how many sites a Pro blog can enable extra features on.

I recommend you sign up for some blogs on Edublogs.org so that you can check out the differences in features between free, upgraded and Pro blogs. You'll also be able to see other key plugins we use in action.

We use the Blog & User Creator which enables users to create their own sites - https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/blog-and-user-creator We restrict this to Pro users only so any one using a free blog needs to use our sign up page.

You can read more about the key plugins we use on Edublogs.org here - https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/edublogs-type-site-setup-guide#post-212215

Hope this information has helped and please let us know if you have further questions!

Thanks!

Sue Waters
    Edublogs Support Manager