Allowing "member" to create new "blog"

Please Note*
*I am using WPengine.com hosting.
When I create my "membership" ('blog network') everything seems to come together using the theme BlogsMu and WPMUDEV plugins.
However once I came to the point where I feel, 'well- I now will login as a "new user/customer" would and try to create a new blog I recieve a message "path does not exists". There is no new site created.
Has anyone experienced this before?
Essentially what I want to do is allow anyone to become a member of my 'blog platform" (iblognation.com) by signing up, have access to themes I provide and begin blogging. Like I stated before it appears everything I did was correct, however I can't "create a new blog". (yes, I did something wrong, didn't I)
So, can anyone dish out some free advice as to allow users to 'create a new blog that actually exists?'
p.s. I would love to network here. Is there a 'pro' that would like to help with iBlogNation.com? It is to eventually become a 'premium blogging platform' and peice of the pie is yours, it's the least I could do for some "step by step-one on one- assitance".
Thanks for any replies!

• timstrifler

iblognation.com doesn't seem to exist. When I attempt to go there it takes me to a wpengine.com page with the message that says, "Sorry, we couldn't find the domain you're looking for." I'm assuming this is a recent thing.

In terms of creating a new blog, did you sign up with a completely new email address? It won't let you create a new site with an email address that's already in the network.

That would be my first piece of advice, but now that I think about it, it sounds like your multisite network wasn't set up correctly. From what I know about wpengine.com, they have pretty good support right? I would recommend getting in touch with them and having them resolve this. For how much they boast about their Wordpress Support, they ought to fix this asap for you.

• DiggiWebDesign

Thank you for your reply timstrifler

I am not sure yet, but yes I just asked them to "erase and reinstall everything" so I may start over and try again. That is why you do not have access to the website.

Maybe once I get it up again you would be willing to sign up and try it out?

BTW I do have multiple email and did sign up as a "new and unique user", so I am yet still 'pondering'.

I was using the "Mebership" plugin. I understand that the Membership plugin does it's own thing for "Registration" and that I should not activate any other settings, or do I?

Should I still enable 'allow users to create username and sites' when using the Membership plugin?

• timstrifler

Yeah I'd be happy to sign up and give it a try. I haven't actually used membership before so I'm not entirely sure how it works. But I do know that you don't need it to offer blogs to people. All you need for that is Pro Sites. From what I understand, the only time you'd use both membership and Pro sites together is if you wanted to provide premium content from your main site, in addition to offering people blogs. So for example if your site offered premium content about "how to blog" , and then through pro sites you could actually offer them the opportunity to blog.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

Membership is more of a content protection and subscription plugin.

Pro sites which Tim kindly mentioned is a plugin to offer premium themes, plugins, space and other features.

I'd go for Pro Sites myself:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

The actual signup process and getting a blog is still handled by WordPress though, this plugin is more of a blog upgrade plugin. You can use "Paid to Blog" that will force them to pay in order to use their site.

Let us know when you're all set up and if you still need some assistance, you're free to open more threads for new issues :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.