allowing some html in posts for admin blog [resolved]

I was having trouble inserting a form to a post by admin on the main blog, wpmu would strip out the form tags and other input tags. I did a search for how to show html in the posts but the answers all required an edit of some vital file.

I figured shortcodes was the answer but even the html returned by the handler got stripped out.

another search turned up the wp_filter_post_kses filter so I managed to use
remove_filter('the_content','wp_filter_post_kses');
within the shortcode handler and the html stayed.

here's what I put in functions.php of the main wpmu theme

function listluv_showform($params,$content= null){
	// need to remove html stripping filter from the content before display
	remove_filter('the_content','wp_filter_post_kses');
	// get the params as $key = $value
	extract( shortcode_atts(array('form_name' => 'comluv_updates'),$params) );
	// start the check for type of form
	if($form_name == 'comluv_updates'){
	$result = '<form action=&quot;http://comluv.com/listluv/subscribe.php&quot; method=&quot;post&quot;>Name/Username<br /><input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;FormValue_Fields[CustomField1]&quot; value=&quot;&quot; id=&quot;FormValue_CustomField1&quot; /><br /><br />Email Address<br /><input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;FormValue_Fields[EmailAddress]&quot; value=&quot;&quot; id=&quot;FormValue_EmailAddress&quot;><br /><br /><input type=&quot;submit&quot; name=&quot;FormButton_Subscribe&quot; value=&quot;Subscribe&quot; id=&quot;FormButton_Subscribe&quot;><input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;FormValue_ListID&quot; value=&quot;1&quot; id=&quot;FormValue_ListID&quot;><input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;FormValue_Command&quot; value=&quot;Subscriber.Add&quot; id=&quot;FormValue_Command&quot;></form>';
	}
return $result;
}
add_shortcode('listluv-subscribe-form','listluv_showform');

I call it within the post using
[listluv_showform form_name="listluv_updates"/]

might be helpful to someone..