Allowing Subscribers to Sign up for A Site & Pay

Ok, so I'm working on what I believe to be the last part of my registration process... Right now,the way I have it set up, I plan to use ProSites to upgrade users who have already subscribed... My question is regarding checkout permissions. Right now it only grants it to administrators and editors. Is there any way to extend this to subscribers. I'm doing free registration and then upgrade to create a site where they will see hosting (paid) options... Is this possible?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jerone,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "Checkout permissions" doesn't affect the right to register for the site and/or to upgrade from free to paid level. If a site creation is allowed on your Multisite then each user (regardless of a user role) is able to go to the /pro-site page and create his/her own site. Then, after the user created the site, he/she becomes its administrator and can also upgrade it to the "better plan".

The "Checkout permissions" box works in a different case. Let's assume that the user created a site and is an admin of it. This user can upgrade any time.

Then other users registered on this site as subscribers. Some of them got manually "promoted" by admin to "editor" role. Now, this users that were promoted to "editor" can upgrade this particular site if the "editor" role is checked in "Checkout permissions".

Still though, each subscriber can go to "/pro-sites" page and create his/her own site.

I hope that explains the way it works a bit. If I missed something or didn't understand you correctly, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.