Aloha, I have a few

Aloha,

I have a few of questions I hope you'll be able to help with. I've been working on martial arts curriculum since 2009. I'm an educator & athlete very passionate about good curriculum. I want to sell the curriculum I've developed through courses online. I tried wplms, education wp, & many other options. Eventually I came to Upfront and while I was hesitant to have a monthly bill it seems this is the best all around tool for the job. My questions before I dig in deep are;

- is there a way to have a recent discussions widget to display on my homepage. Whatever the recent 8-10 active threads from site wide or course forums
- I have 8 main courses I want to sell. When a student completes the course I want them to receive a custom badge on their profiles. Gold, silver, or bronze depending on how the scored.
- after completing all 8 courses in the program I'd like for them to receive a certification diploma
- can I create profiles like a gamer profile that has the badges they earn & what their experience level is?
- what is the best plugin to use to manage online payments & have taxes taken out. Don't want IRS trouble selling courses

Again this is a project I've been working on since 2009. I went from dream weaver to rapidweaver to Wordpress. Tried so many themes & really believe in the services y'all have created. Greatly appreciate your insights.

Aloha

- Jason

• Dimitris

Hey there Jason,

hope you're having a beautiful day and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

- is there a way to have a recent discussions widget to display on my homepage. Whatever the recent 8-10 active threads from site wide or course forums

- I have 8 main courses I want to sell. When a student completes the course I want them to receive a custom badge on their profiles. Gold, silver, or bronze depending on how the scored.

- can I create profiles like a gamer profile that has the badges they earn & what their experience level is?

For all these functionalities some custom development is required as there isn't anything like this already implemented in CoursePress.
    Especially about the students pages, there's already a "Dashboard" page in place which can be used (in the scope of custom work) to extend the [cp_pages page="student_dashboard"] shortcode.

- after completing all 8 courses in the program I'd like for them to receive a certification diploma

What can be done here is the link between these 8 courses by setting each one as a prerequisite to the following one.

The final diploma part should still require some custom coding. There's already a basic certificate system which can be used but this is triggered for all courses.

For custom development you can advise our Jobs & Pros section (no WPMUDEV staff members included).

- what is the best plugin to use to manage online payments & have taxes taken out. Don't want IRS trouble selling courses

CoursePress provides integration with MarketPress and WooCommerce so you can use every payment gateway that can be used with these plugins (we're talking about hundreds of options here).

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.