Alternative to drop-down menu

I have had inquiries from customers who would like to book multiple services, rather than make several reservations for several services. Is it possible? Any way to make multi-service reservations easier?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @randush

Sorry for the delay with my reply,

I hope you are well today.

MarketPress is $19, https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/

A customer can add as many appointments as they want and then checkout, so they don't need to checkout per appointment (if that makes sense?) Everything will still work and of course if you have any problems we're here to help.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• randush

Hello @Jack.

Thank you for your reply. That sounds interesting but I would like to confirm that Appointments+ will still be able to manage time and work force when booking appointments this way. Let me give you an example from real life; let us say we have a customer that would like to make an appointment for Service A and Service B at 1 pm. Service A is 90 minutes and Service B is 60 minutes. If there are 2 service providers who can do these services. Will the system know that Service Providers 1 will be busy from 1 pm until 2:30 pm and Service Provider 2 will be busy from 2:30 pm until 3:30 pm?

It might be best if we can ask @Hakan for some input on this question as well.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @randush

I hope you are well today, yes that is how it should work and I can't see an issue with that as long as they are separate service providers.
    As it's just a way to book multiple appointments at once. I believe this thread will be of help to you https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/it-is-possible-for-a-client-to-book-mutilpe-times-in-one-booking?replies=7#post-308464

Thanks!
    Kind Regards
    Jack.

• randush

Hello Jack. I am well, thank you. And how are you?

At the moment, my Appointments+ page is set up without the option to select Service Providers, which means that each service booked is performed by the next available Service Provider. Optimally, what should happen when a customer makes an appointment for 2 consequent services, the system should take into account and show that 1 Service Provider will be busy for the duration of the 2 selected services combined, i.e. if 1 service is 60 minutes and another is 90 minutes, the 1 service provider should show as busy for 150 minutes. Alternatively it can show that 2 service providers will be busy, 1 for 60 minutes and the other for 90 minutes. Either way the system should be able to handle these situation accordingly on regular basis as customer often reserve multiple services for each visit.

I am ready to go ahead and purchase Marketplace as well if it will provide me with a solution, this is very critical to our operation.

I really appreciate your help and kindly ask if you can include @Hakan in this conversation in some way so he can confirm that setting up the 2 plugin to work together will actually perform in the way that we need.

Thank you,

Eran

• Jack Kitterhing

Hiya Eran,

I hope that you are well today :slight_smile:

I would like to apologize about the extreme delay on this here, I'm sorry that I missed your last response and you have been waiting all this time for a solution.

If a customer books with a service provider and a service is 90 minutes and 60 minutes, if someone books for 60 minutes at 9.00, the service provider could take another 90 minute appointment at 10:30, but couldn't take a appointment at 9.30 for a period of time, so they are combined if that makes sense?

I'm also going to tag and flag the lead developer of this Ve (@Vladislav) to provide his valuable input.

Again i apologize about the extreme delay.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hiya Eran (@randush)

I have just been speaking with the lead developer on this and he said the following.

there could be multiple cases with this, and the simplest way and most flexible of handling them is not handling them at all
    here's what i think
    i book 2 appointments, one 1.5hr, one 1hr
    i could either:
    1) book each one with a specific provider
    2) book either one with a non-specific provider, and let them work it our
    out*
    or any combination of these
    and also, providers might shift in the backend
    so with this in mind, the scenario mentioned would only make limited sense when each appointment is assigned to a specific provider - which doesn't have to be like that at all
    so, the way we have it now, even if a provider isn't available, the service still might be.

The lead developer @Vladislav then also tested this like I did and said

i have a service with 2 providers - if i set an exceptional non-working day for both of them, i can still book an appoinntment for that day
    provided i don't ask for a specific provider

Does that all make sense?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• randush

@Vladislav, @retrogamesuk,

I think that we strayed off subject here. My question was regarding selecting multiple consecutive services so the client does not have to book a manicure, then go through the whole booking process again and select pedicure, and then do it all over again to ask for nail painting in the end.

Why don't I offer combined services in the menu, you ask? I do, but the possibilities and combinations are abundant and it would make the list of services even longer than it is now.

At this stage, I do not need to offer the choice of providers so things can be simple. I would like to allow users to book a couple of services together. For example; if 1 user selects a manicure which takes 1 hour AND a pedicure which takes 1.5 hours at 1 PM, the system would show 1 provider to be busy for 2.5 hours from 1 PM OR 1 provider busy from 1 PM until 2 PM (1 hour) and another user busy from 2 PM until 3:30 PM. As I said, I do not mind if the system will only show 1 user busy for the duration of both services. We can live with that.

What happens now is that users book for a manicure but when they arrive, they want to add a pedicure or other services which is difficult because we have already booked the next time slot for someone else.

Is there any solution you can think of?

Thank you.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @randush

Sorry I believe the best way would be using MarketPress integration in this use case, so they can add the appointments to their cart and then checkout, though they still need to add their details of course to the appointments.

Currently apart from that way, there is no other way that I know of to handle this, though maybe Ve (@Vladislav) has some suggestions :slight_smile:

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.