Alternatives when you can't enable GZip?

I've installed Hummingbird and WPSmush Pro to better optimized the site. I just got off the phone with Bluehost. The client has their Optimized WordPress Hosting which runs nginx with varnish but we have no access to enable GZIP or a config file to edit. ARe there any other ways to enable it?

• Nazmul H. Rupok
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well today. As you have varnish, you need to purge/delete the cache and try again enabling GZIP from Hummingbird -> GZIP Compression.. Hopefully it will do the job unless something disabled from the server end. In such case, your hosting provider would be able to suggest you the best workaround. Let's try that and reach to your hosting provider if that fails. Let us know if we could do something from our end to assist further. We'll be happy to assist you.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Nazmul

• Melanie
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Did you even read my post? I explained I talked to Bluehost and it is impossible to follow the instructions on their Optimized WordPress Hosting.
    "I just got off the phone with Bluehost. The client has their Optimized WordPress Hosting which runs nginx with varnish but we have no access to enable GZIP or a config file to edit. Are there any other ways to enable it?"

• Nazmul H. Rupok
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Melanie,

Hope you are doing well today. I am sorry for the confusion. If your host disable GZip from their server then no other alternative will work I am afraid. There are some other plugins to achieve this but all of them will require the GZip to be enabled on host. Perhaps your optimized hosting plan is optimized enough so they eliminated the gzip option or already using any alternative. That being said, your host will be able to answer this best.

I hope this makes sense and let me know if I could do anything from our end. I'll be happy to do that for you.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Nazmul

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.