Always open the last privat chat session

What would I have to change to disable the "chat invite" process for privat chats and always go to the last chat between the two users? If it is the first chat session than a new one should be created...

I guess most of the functionality is already there since each page reload is kind of doing this.

We are using this plugin for a small community so there is no need for this process really...

Thank you for the help!
Michael

• aristath

Hello there @Michael,
    I'm not sure this will be possible without some custom coding...

Unfortunately though I can't think of a way t do this!
    I have notified the plugin developer about this, hopefully his insights will help us figure this one out!
    Please keep in mind thought that plugin developers have a lot of responsibilities so this might take a bit longer than a normal ticket!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Paul

@Michael,

What would I have to change to disable the "chat invite" process for privat chats and always go to the last chat between the two users? If it is the first chat session than a new one should be created...

Actually thought about doing this during the development. Something like talk or even Facebook where when you initiate a chat with a user whom you had a prior conversation the old chat messages show and you can just sort of resume.

But decided to keep each chat session unique for now. Will probably be adding this as an option sometime later. Not sure what I would suggest for you to make a change to the code.

• Michael

Hej @Ari,

thank you for getting back to me so fast - just to clarify for the developer what I would want:

From the Chat Menu I start a chat by clicking on a persons name
    1) If they have never chatted a new session should be started, but the chat does not have to be accepted by the invited user
    2) If there was a chat in the past - just open this window (like it already happens on a page refresh)

What this means: there is always only one chat session for each pair of users. This should also help circumvent the mutliple chat windows behavior between the same two users...

Thank you!!
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.