Always show product categories

Hi,

Is there a way to always show the product categories with a hierarchal view? Right now with market press grid the child categories are immediately under the parent categories

• DavidM

Hi shrank,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV!

I'm not totally sure if it's the GridMarket theme you're referring to but I assumed as much after having tried out the theme to see how the category list displayed and indeed there was no margin for the hierarchical listings.

In looking into it I found the relevant css styles in grid.css. To make things easy you could simply paste the following into GridMarket's style.css (best pasted right at the end of the file on a new line of its own) to get that hierarchical category display:
    #sidebar ul{margin:0px 0px 0px 10px;}

The optimal method would be to create a child theme of the GridMarket theme. That way the above change would be rather safe from future updates to the theme.

To do this, you could create a copy of the GridMarket theme, rename the folder to whatever you'd like it to be named, then change the theme name on line 3 of style.css. This could be done at the same time that you paste in that above adjustment.

If you'd like any clarification on any of this, just let me know and I'll see how I can clarify things. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.