Am I Missing the Events Archives Template Option?

I am looking at the Usage tab for this plugin, to see if I can learn more about the settings, and I am wondering if I am missing something. Maybe I need to move templates from one place to another, or there is another setting that I should be clicking. Anyways, I don't see the ability ro select an archives template in my admin.

Image Link Here

What i see on the Usage Tab is this: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Events-Plus-Plugin-V1.1-Snagit-15.png

Thanks for letting me know if there is something that I am missing.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings koskow,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up and thank you for the screen shots as well.

After looking at your second screen shot:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Events-Plus-Plugin-V1.1-Snagit-15.png

It clearly shows that you have not check marked the Override default appearance option for the Archive template, which once checked give several options.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• koskow
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Screenshot #1 is on my server: http://www.reptile411.com/images/eventtemplates.jpg - this is my setting. (notice the option is checked)

Screenshot #2 is from your usage tab on the events+ plugin page, and represents what I think my screenshot should look like. https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Events-Plus-Plugin-V1.1-Snagit-15.png

So, I am wondering why my options don't look like your options. I am sorry if I didn't explain well in my original post. Thanks for your help.

• koskow

@aecnu - By the way, I wanted to personally thank you for all the help over all the topics. You have been awesome at supporting me and many other people. Just a shining example of the exemplary support we have come to be spoiled with here at WPMU.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings koskow,

Thank you for the compliments which are greatly appreciated and for your additional input which is showing a truly bizarre situation.

Are you indeed finding this setting in the same place that I am i.e. Events --> Settings --> Appearance Settings ?

Aha! - I have the answer I think! I just noticed you are running a Beta version 1.4.1-BETA-3 and I am running the regular version 1.4

Can you please confirm this?

If you can confirm this then and please try the none beta version to see if this is indeed a bug in the beta?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• koskow

I was just thinking that it may be because of the beta I am running. The beta is allowing me to edit my events... I will have a look to see if this is an issue in the non-beta, however, maybe this data can be passed on to the beta developers.

Will get back soon.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings koskow,

Thanks again for your input, I will certainly pass the above information on to @Vladislav so that he can check out the problem with the beta before it possibly goes into production.

Look forward to hearing about the chore in your last post regarding possibly checking the non beta version.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Do you perhaps already have a file named "archive-incsub_event.php" in your theme directory? If so, this is expected behavior - there are several ways of output and inheriting templates (plugin internal defaults, plugin templates, theme general templates and lastly, specific theme single/archive templates for our post type), the last one being the most specific. If a plugin detects an archive or single template specific to our post type in your theme folder, it will assume that you know exactly what you want and how you want your stuff to appear - it will just use that and won't ask any more questions about it.

• koskow

Yes, in fact I do have that file in my directory. I was wondering if there are settings to it (I think I asked in another post related to that file). I am trying to remember if I saw any changes when I put that in. I am trying to find that archives page (was it supposed to be a full size calendar?

Also, it would be great if there was a shortcode for a full page calendar. I would like to have it on my homepage.

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings koskow,

Thank you for the additional feedback.

Relative to the short code it works flawlessly on my test production site http://events.aecnuwpmu.us/events-with-short-code/ and I imagine that you have not activated the Weekly Event Calendar option in the settings perhaps?

i.e. logged into the admin dashboard go to --> Events --> Settings --> Extras section towards bottom of page --> Weekly Event Calendar --> activate

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

• koskow

Hey, thanks. I have actually moved on to another plugin for the events... it is a little more feature rich. I'll be sending over a link in another thread. I have been out on honeymoon, so I didn't get back sooner. Sorry!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.