Amazing disappearing plugins

Hi,

Not sure what the heck I have managed to do now. I seem to have installed the mysterious Harry Potter invisibility addon. Plugins are vanishing as they are activated?

For example: In Network Admin I had installed members directory and blogs directory. If I activate these on a site or network activate them from admin they then can not be found in the plugins list on the site. They still show up in network admin and of course FTP but nowhere at all on a site, even a plugins search returned no results. Crazy

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings David,

Thank you for this great question and bringing this significant issue to our attention.

I would guess that you have perhaps installed Pro Sites ~or~ have plugins installed that are all network activated ~or~ have only plugins installed that can be network activated.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• David H
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks.

I have Pro Sites in there but not activated, along with a whole bunch of others I have not activated just yet while I work out which ones I really want and which ones I can delete.

There are 8 network activated plugins –

Blogs Directory

Friends

Global Site Search

Members Directory

Messaging

Signup Code

WordPress Chat

WPMU DEV Dashboard

some seem not to be able to be activated on a singular basis.

I am not using any caching plugins I know of.

• David H
    • The Crimson Coder

Yeap, it auto created pages i see now.

OK, I will change my question then.

With all the global site content stuff like members, recent blogs etc can these be all cobbled together to access from one ‘network’ page by short codes?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings David,

Thank you for the additional question which is not related to this thread.

With all the global site content stuff like members, recent blogs etc can these be all cobbled together to access from one ‘network’ page by short codes?

They can be al cobbled together with links of course.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.