An Communities plugin functionality suggestion

Hi guys!

Well, I've got an suggestion to Communities Plugin.

When I click on "Communities" tab, if I do not participate in a community, I just don't see any community at all.

In my case, I use this plugin to my users make business to each other, so they create communities to facilitate this social interaction.

So, I was thinking: If I'm a new user, I don't know anyone, and obviously I don't know any name of any community, how can I find the communities even if I search for that? Remembering, that if I don't know anyone and don't know any name of any comunity, I don't know what to search.

I think that when the user clicks on the Communities tab, it should list at least the 5 last communities created, then it can arouse the interest of new users to join communities and do business or interact with each other.

Is it possible to you to implement a feature like this in the next update?

Thanks!

Derek

• Derekmelo

OK, I agree, but there's some users that are not used to read things. And there's a problem: A lot of communities created by new users every day, so I have to update that page every day, and the main reason that users creates a lot of communities is that they can not see all the communities created. In my case is because of they want to make business to each other to the products they sell. So I created a community called "Business Partnership", but the minority uses this community, cause they search for a particular product (that has a topic on my community) but they don't find it, so, they create another community to talk about the same thing...

So, that's why I think that should exist some place in this plugin to list the created communities.

Thanks

Derek

• aecnu

Greetings Derek,

Thank you for your feedback and feature suggestion, it is greatly appreciated.

From what I have seen in the past this is usually been handled by a theme that display the other objects from the entire network.

However, implementation is not for me to decide therefore I will move this to the Feature Requests and notify the lead developer of Communities of the request.

I think that it would be cool if implementation could possibly be accomplished using a shortcode, but once again this decision or implementation is not up to me.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.