An error has occured when cloning subsite.

I tried to use the WPMU Clone plugin today for the first time to clone a subsite. The status gives An error has occurred though I see the site is made in the dashboard. Though trying to reach the dashboard of the cloned site gives the Clone status screen. During the cloning my site got unreachable and unresponsive. As this is a test environment it has no further impact. Killing the clone status page made my site as my admin reachable. So I can't use the cloned subsite at the moment.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Tom ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Can you enable the debug flags in your wp-config.php to see if any related error was saved?

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

It will be saved to a debug.log file inside the "wp-content" folder. Can you share it with us? Also, check the error_log inside of the root folder.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Note: Save the file as a .txt, because the .log extension is not allowed in the attachments.

Cheers, Luís

• Tom
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Luís,

Thank you for your quick response and I am doing fine. Hope you do too?

I tried to add de debug flags in the wp-config.php after the define('WP_DEBUG', false); because my wp-config.php doesn't have them as default. But then I can't connect anymore to my site and get a php error. But I attached the php_errorlog. Can you advise me how I can get the debug process going for you?

Cheers, Tom

• Tom
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Luis,

I cloned a clean site and this works. Next I deactivated al the siteplugins (not the network activated) of the site I originally wanted to clone and this cloning proces went well underway. Though it is a site with Woocommerce and WPML so I think there is possibly a tricky thing. I think it is better to start with a fresh site incase of Woocommerce because I stopped the cloning proces as it took for ages to be copying al the product images. I attached the error logs so maybe you have some tips and suggestions what to do. As I am relatively new to Wordpress and Multisite (am doing the course at the moment).

Thanks for your support,
    Tom

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Tom ,

Hope you're doing well today!

I made some research here in the Community forums and it could be an issue with WPML. Can you try make a test?

Try clone a website where you only use Woocommerce (without WPML), just to make sure the website is cloned properly;

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.