analytic reporting

I just dont see how to get metrics on my GA end of things. i am not seeing any data based on subdomains. we have a subdomain mapping and we are using host headers to display urls as blog.xxx.com.

right now im seeing the traffic of one visitor (me) and thats it.

my end goal is to see what blogs are performing well and what blogs are dead weight on my multisite. what does this plugin actually do than provide a graceful little box to put a UA code into?

we have 264 sites - i included some blog names and also included the screenshot of my settings. is it possible to view stats on the performance of any of the sites in my multisite?

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

I do know that Google Analytics doesn't provide instantaneous data. There is a delay. So maybe have a few friends go to some of the sites and try it out and then check the analytics the next day to see if they're there.

As for sorting, I am unsure how that would be accomplished. Let me ask the developer and see if he can provide any insight.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

First of all I see that you enabled Domain Mapping, but in fact you are not using a domain mapping plugin, right? Then you need to set it as "Disable".

If you don't enter any tracking code into sub sites, then the one you entered in your Network Settings will also be used in your sub sites. Thus plugin sends all tracking data for all your sub sites to your GA account.

Displaying reports based on this collected data in your account is another thing and it depends on your personal GA settings (Tracking Info>Subdomains of ... setting should be ON). I myself defined a "Profile" for each of my sub sites, as I have a few. There may be an easier method to show for 200+, but I don't really know. You can search inside the help of GA admin as this has nothing to do with the plugin.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.