Analytics

Hi,

I just wanted to know if their is anyway to track the performance of popups created using the POPUP Pro plugin.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello ZeeMaster

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I am not sure why you want to do that but there isn't any way of doing that. But if you are facing performance issue with PopUp Pro I suggest you to try out different methods provided in plugins for loading popup. Have you checked them yet ?

If not, then you can do that via PopUp > Settings > PopUp Loading Methods. Please take a look at this screenshot. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps you ZeeMaster. :slight_smile:
    Cheers,
    Milan

• ZeeMaster
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Milan,

Thank you for your reply. But I guess I did not explain myself completely. By performance, I meant how many impressions did they receive or how many people clicked on them. If it has a button or an optin e.g. how many people converted from it? In some situations a split test would be really nice as well to tell what popup is working well for us.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello ZeeMaster!

Currently there's no built-in analytics/tracking solution for PopUp Pro plugin so a way here would be to use external stats tools for click tracking. You could for example replace links with "short links" created with e.g. this plugin or bit.ly service and it would provide you with an access to statistics.

As for popup impressions. The simplest way to track impressions would be to use a "hidden pixel" method that's often used to track e-mails. This means adding an invisible image (usually 1x1 pixel size) that's loaded from specific URL which is a tracking script. Some external analytics systems may provide this method.

In case none of these would make a solution for you, it would require custom coding for which you may want to ask at our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: now WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.