analytics plugin instructions appear out of date

Hi,
I am trying to setup the Google API project and following the instructions here, but I am getting differen screens in the current google API manager so not sure what to enter and where now

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/google-analytics-for-wordpress-mu-sitewide-and-single-blog-solution/#product-usage

Can you provide me with up to date step by step instructions if possible

Many thanks

• James Morris

Hello Ian Henry,

I hope you are well today. Thank you for your question.

Yes, Google has dramatically changed the UI of the Developer Console. Our Documentation Team has been notified and will update the document as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I hope this quick overview will get you through the process.

Part 1:
    1. Log in to the Google Developer Console with a valid Google Apps domain admin account.
    2. At the top of page, click the Project menu, then Create New Project.

3. Give the project a descriptive name so you can easily reference it later.

4. Once your project is created, you'll be redirected to the project type selection screen. Select Analytics API under Other Popular APIs.

5. You will then be sent to the Analytics API page where you need to Enable the API.

6. Next, you will want to go to Credentials and get an API key.

Continued in next post...

• James Morris

Part 2:

7. Now, finish the API key setup and get your API Key.

8. Next, you will want to go back to Credentials and request OAuth credentials.

9. When setting up your OAuth credentials, you'll be prompted to setup OAuth consent.

10. Once that is done, you can finish defining your OAuth credentials.

11. You will then be presented with the OAuth credentials you need to add to your site.

Continued in next post...

• James Morris

Part 3:

12. Now, go back into the Google Analytics+ Settings page and enter the API key and OAuth credentials from the previous steps, then click Authorize.

13. If you have more than one Google Account, you may be prompted to select which account to use. Make sure you use the same account that you accessed the Google Developer Console with.

14. Once you have selected your account, click Allow to grant Google access.

15. You will then be able to add your Google Analytics tracking ID as well as select which Google Analytics project you wish to associate the site with, if one exists. If one does not exist, you will need to create one in Google Analytics.

I hope this has clarified things a bit. Let me know if you have any further questions. I'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.