Anchor link ends in 'Page not found'

On top of the Accommodation page I created 5 images with Anchor links. When I click on the images it ends up in 'Page not found'. For Mountain Room this address was initiated and does not work: http://www.simplelivingcamps.com/edit/page/5297#mymountainroom. Similar effect for all the other images and settings.

I checked the Anchor setting at the target and it seems to be ok. If I test it with the Wordpress dashboard open, then it works.

Please help and fix it.

Thanks

• Rupok

Hi Reinhard,

The link you provided is the edit link of that page and that's why it's not working when you are logged out. I could give you proper working anchor links if I could check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hi Reinhard,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Not sure how you have added the Anchor elements, the anchor links are pointing to wrong url. I have added an anchor element for Grassland, and it seems to work fine, please check the screenshot below to follow the directions:

You'll have to create an anchor element for eg: grassland as shown in the screenshot, for each text element that you want to be linked.

Once done, just link the anchor element, as shown below:

I have already added an anchor element for Grassland, and it seems to work fine. Please follow these directions, and add the other anchor elements, and your page should work fine.

If you still have issues, please do let us know, we would be happy to troubleshoot it further. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Reinhard,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing the screenshot, from the screenshot it seems like you were adding anchor elements in the Gallery elements, it should still work. I even tested this by adding an anchor element in your gallery elements, and it worked fine, when logged in, and logged out. Somehow, the anchor elements added before were pointing to the wrong URL, and that was causing this issue, not sure what's the exact reason for that, but I wasn't able to replicate your issue.

I could see you have updated your anchor elements, and have added these through the text element, and now it seems to work fine.

Oh - the attachment now shows up. So it works for .pdf. My first try was with a .jpeg file and it didn't work. I used the Chrome browser to update the ticket. Any thoughts?

You can add any picture formats as attachment, maybe it's a small glitch while uploading, clearing your browser cookies, and cache should do the job for now. When it comes to files users are limited to txt, and pdf formats.

Please do let me know if there is anything else that I should be looking at, I hope this helps, and please advise if I had missed out anything. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin