Anchor links not changing color?

I'm working on the base of designing from Issue. I just set the color and font for what I'd like, but the anchor links aren't changing color on hover. See sample here

I don't know why this isn't working. :confused: The site is open to support. Thanks.

• James Morris

Hello Enduring Epilepsy (Katrina),

I hope you are well today.

Unfortunately, when I tried to access the site publicly, I got a 404 error on all pages. However, I logged into the Support Staff Login and checked your preset CSS. I see several instances where CSS has been commented out, like so:

.uposts-object li .title a {
        color: /*#ufc2*/#5aadaa;
        display:block;
    }
    .uposts-object li .title a:hover {
        color: /*#ufc4*/#7c8a87;
    }

I removed those commented lines and changed them to the following and the link colors changed.

.uposts-object li .title a {
        color: #624169;
        display:block;
    }
    .uposts-object li .title a:hover {
        color: #c29bd6;
    }

With those comments in place, the text was not displaying the correct link color. This was for the featured articles element on the homepage. I clicked the edit gear and clicked Edit Preset CSS. I also added a test text element to the page and added a link to it. The color is now honoring that which is set in the Upfront Editor dialog.

When testing CSS edits, it's best to comment out the entire line, like /* color: #ufc4*; */ instead of the hex value like color: /*#ufc4*/. Upfront does some routines to strip certain characters out in the CSS editor and may be having issues with comments like these.

Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• Enduring Epilepsy (Katrina)

Hmm... I don't know why those would have been there. :thinking: I hadn't done any direct editing to the CSS for Issue. I tried making my own child theme but got a bit frustrated and found much of what I wanted to do was in Issue, so it would be easier to try and manipulate. I installed Issue, cleared the Upfront cache, and had started to establish the base for design when this happened. Maybe something from the stylesheet carried over???

The problem with you getting the 404 may be that this is my staging site and I haven't put the posts as "published". I will publish the one I linked to above as I'm still having trouble.

The link is changing on hover in the Featured Articles but not in the paragraph text. I want the link in paragraph to change from #06b8c3 to #c29bd6. I'll likely want something different in the Featured Articles. How can we make this all work...

• Enduring Epilepsy (Katrina)

Ok - I reset the theme because of the code and it seems to have the links working... But I literally just edited only the color for #ufc7 because I saw it was the color for link. I changed it to what I would like it to be - #308e8e - and saved the color. And this happened when I went back to look at the CSS... It inserted the /* #ufc7 */ comment ahead of the color code from the default theme.

Is this what is supposed to happen? Because otherwise, there is something wrong with how Upfront is working, and I just installed it... so there has to be a bug here.

• James Morris

Hello Enduring Epilepsy (Katrina),

I apologize for the delay in response.

I've been doing some testing on my own dev site which is a fresh install of WordPress. I installed the Issue Upfront Child theme and attempted to change the color of anchors using the Upfront Editor. I got some unpredictable results and could not consistently change the colors. This does appear to be a bug in the theme and I'm reporting it to the developer now. An update will be published as soon as they are able to resolve this issue.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.