Is Pro Sites the right solution

Hello and thanks for your support!
I'm just setting up my business and looking at this plugin and the tutorials.
I have three packages (none are free)

1) basic website - It has a setup fee of $x and a monthly fee of $y
2) more advanced - It has a setup fee of $i and a monthly fee of $j
3) totally custom and payment is received offline

I imagine giving the users for packages 1 and 2 editor status only. I don't expect them to manage their own content though - I just want them to go in there to look at stats or to order other products I am offering through the dashboard. ie - they won't be able to select plugins or change their own theme etc.

I am also unsure that I want to use paypal or stripe as I think I can get better rates going with a local merchant account / gateway. But I want them to signup and pay online -so I don't want to handle it manually.

I do, however want level 1 to be able to initiate an upgrade to level 2 from the dashboard.
What is your advice?

Thanks so much.
Andrea

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and thank you for your question.

I think you can achieve this by using Pro Sites plugin. The Pro Sites plugin provides following modules and many other modules to restrict the access of various functionality on created sub sites.

Limit Publishing Allows you to only enable writing posts and/or pages for selected Pro Site levels.
    Post Throttling Allows you to limit the number of posts to be published daily/hourly per site.
    Post/Page Quotas Allows you to limit the number of post types for selected Pro Site levels.
    Pay To Blog Allows you to completely disable a site both front end and back until paid.

The pro site plugin provides the following various payment gateway which you can use to get payment from users.

PayPal Express/Pro
    Stripe
    Manual Payments

You can create various Pro Sites levels which can be upgraded from one level to another level.

Pro Sites currently doesn't support getting one time payment like setup fee but it takes recurring fees.

There is already a feature request created for this feature on the following thread and this feature may be added in future version of plugin but We don't publish ETAs to prevent disappointment if a deadline is missed(which in plugin development quite a frequent occurrence!).

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/need-to-charge-a-larger-initial-fee-plus-monthly-lower-fee

In the meanwhile to get one time fee, you can use the following MarketPress eCommerce plugin.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/#product-usage

Find more information about usage of Pro Sites plugin on the following page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/#product-usage

Please advise if you have more questions.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.