and well for this fantastic plugin. I want to know if it

Hello and well done for this fantastic plugin. I want to know if it is possible to add the choosing of tags (keyword tags) and category like for a normal post. Tags seems to me even more important. Also the option to leave the default title empty or alternatively using the first words of the status update. Always the same title for all posts is kind of corny.
Thanks.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @cif_malek

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I am afraid this is not currently possible out of the box. I am taking help of a developer if there is any workaround to do this.

Cheers
    Ash

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hi @cif_malek,

I hope it's not too late. :slight_smile:

For the categories/tags matter, I think it is something open to discussions. You can set the default category for each post type from the settings section. You can not insert specific tags/categories when posting the status. I believe that it makes sense since this is intended as a quick posting interface, but we can still consider it as an optional feature to include in future releases.

Regarding the default title, I agree with you. Currently, the plugin doesn't provide a feature to achieve what you want, and it would be nice to have at least a hook to alter the post. I'll flag the developer to see what he can do.

In the meantime, if you are running out of time, you can tweak the plugin code to use an excerpt of the post content as title.
    In the file class_wdqs_admin_pages.php line 303 add the following snippet:

$titleLength = 50;
    if(strlen($text) > $titleLength){
      $firstWords = substr($text, 0, strrpos(substr($text, 0, $titleLength), ' '))."...";
    } else {
      $firstWords = $text;
    }
    $title = $firstWords;

In this way, it will extract the first part of the text, matching the end of a entire word, and adding a ellipsis (you can get rid of it if you like).
    Adjust the value of $titleLength to fit your needs.

Hope this help!

Cheers,
    JJ

• cif_malek
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Jose thanks a lot for pitching in.
    And nicely so. Yeah I start from there even if not a coder this seems pretty handy.
    Now the issue with tags is that we can orient people by displaying trending subject or a way to display what relates to them. When there is a lot of updates is has even more value. When there is nothing to relate which enable to classify updates then it kinds of waste the whole communication effort.
    Thanks again for the help.

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hi again @cif_malek,
    I see your point.
    It would be a nice feature. My concern was actually the user interface. An extra field for tagging might be annoying.
    I'm thinking on a hash-tag parser, so you can insert the tags in the content field.
    Of course, this is not something that would be available in the short term in any case.
    I found these plugins that you might want to try. The first one is intended to convert words in the title to tags. The second one may be still better, it allows to use hashtags and group post by hashtags. :slight_smile: -I didn't test, be careful-

http://wordpress.org/plugins/auto-tag-generator/

http://wordpress.org/plugins/hashbuddy/

Please let me know how they work!

Cheers,
    JJ

• cif_malek
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Jose,
    You are one of those guys giving more than receive :slight_smile: - there are so few !
    Look for the p2 front post format - there you have the additional field for the tag. I guess you have seen it. It gives one example of use. But I agree with you. This tagging should be optimized and your idea is possibly bringing it up where it should be.
    Thanks for those two awesome support answer :slight_smile:
    Cheers Cif

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.