anonymizeIp-Parameter for Google Analytics Plugin

Hi!
I'm here in Germay and by law we need to put the anonymizeIp-Parameter to "true". Any chance you can put this feature in your plugin to be able to replace yoast's plugin?
Thank you very much on considering.
Achim

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Achim,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This would probably require some change in plugin's code so I'm moving this thread to our Features and Feedback forum and hopefully other members of our community will support the idea. Features such as this one are added to our plugin upon community requests so the more support they get, the better the chance they got implemented fast. I'm not able to give you any ETA on this though.

Thank you for suggesting a feature and have a nice day!
    Adam

• Michael
    • New Recruit

Just to add... I need this too. It is not optional according to the German Data Protection Law. Until it is not implemented, I need to use a different solution. A German company has just been fined for the lack of a privacy policy and not mentioning Google Analytics usage. In case of recurrence, the fine is going to be 250.000 €.

All that is needed to have a proper technical solution are the following additions to the tracking code (dependent on tracking method) in BOLD-ITALICS:

Universal Analytics:
    <script>
    ga('create', 'UA-XXXXXXX-X', 'website.de');
    ga('set', 'anonymizeIp', true);
    ga('send', 'pageview');
    </script>

Classic Analytics:

<script type="text/javascript">
    var _gaq = _gaq || [];
    _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-XXXXXXX-X']);
    _gaq.push(['_gat._anonymizeIp']);
    _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
    </script>

Thanks for your help in solving this issue. It will probably be to late for the current project - but I do look forward to making use of WPMUDEV Google Analytics + in the next one...

Regards,

Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.