Another changes not saving.

Ok so I have dug around now for a few hours and tried a few different things to try fix this. However, my changes I am making in the builder are not currently showing live on the site.

I was hoping I could build out the theme and then deactivate builder leaving the new theme active. Do I have to build the theme entirely on one website and then export it over? It appeared to be working as I expected and then out of nowhere it’s now no longer making the updates.

I’ve also noticed if I try to add a version number that an oops this failed error is popping up, not sure if this is linked. I will give support access now and have already upped the wp memory to 1024mb. Many thanks in advance.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Lex,

However, my changes I am making in the builder are not currently showing live on the site.

Did you by any chance edited your new theme in Upfront Editor while you were developing it in Builder?

That would explain why changes are not applied. Because in moment when you edit in Upfront Editor all the changes are started to be kept in database – and new changes from files are not applied.

How to solve this? Reset your new theme (in Upfront -> General -> DEBUG OPTIONS) to default state. It means reset to what you have in builder.

This way you will get on front end what you have in builder.

I’ve also noticed if I try to add a version number that an oops this failed error is popping up, not sure if this is linked.

Please run a quick plugin conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart). I tested that on my site and I wasn’t able to replicate this issue. My biggest suspicion here is Wordfence plugin because there is problem with loading admin-ajax.php on your site.

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.