ANother Error in Ultimate Branding V1.7.1

Now with version 1.7.1 my custom menu is the last item in the admin bar. It used to be all the way to the left now it is moved to the right. I would attach a screenshot but unfortunately that is not possible anymore (Or I am missing the button to do so here). http://iblog.dearbornschools.org

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @kennibc

I hope you are well today!

Yeah, I see that too on my test site.

I’ve tried using the new CSS editor to override positioning but can only succeed in getting it to overlap default adminbar items. No joy there.

I’ll see if the developer can provide insight on this change, or if it’s a simple omission.

• taropaa
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Here’s a suggestion:

Use the pseudo :before element and add padding to the first item in the menu. It won’t become clickable but at least it allows you to add your logo.

If you want to make it extra awesome make it into a font icon.

This should survive all their crazy experiments trying to fix this. I can also post a link to a previous version before their s**t hit the fan.

• kennibc
    • The Crimson Coder

I have faith they will fix this promptly and satisfactorily. It just seems like a run of unintended consequences are occurring with these updates lately where little details are missing from the code and they cause big problems.

This one is not horrible but needs to be fixed.

• Sam
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@kennibc, @taropaa

Please visit wp-content/plugins/ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding-files/modules/custom-admin-bar.php: line:107 and set any priority you want to position the custom admin bar, you may set 1 instead of 999 to push it to the very left.

Soon there will be a way to manually ordering the menus without touching any code.

• kennibc
    • The Crimson Coder

Soon there will be a way to manually ordering the menus without touching any code.

How about either building this into the plugin before releasing it or NOT CHANGING IT AT ALL. Whether it was the custom menus not showing on subsites or now you have to hand-code a fix… these updates are half baked and really causing me concern about future quality issues with each new release.

In the meantime I will have just disabled this feature while you guys fix it.

This plugin was working just fine.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey guys.

I’m sorry you feel that way, and for the mistake.

As Sam has mentioned, a new version is coming to allow full ordering, and in the meantime he provided a quick way to fix this until then.

We’ve already tested internally and feedback was provided. Once the necessary changes are made and tested again then we’ll release.

I think we were simply really keen to release the new feature for you guys, honest mistake, and mistakes happen unfortunately the joys of being human. Sometimes things are not always glaringly obvious until one of our awesome members points it out. So thanks for pointing it out, we’ll get it sorted for you. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.