another Membership "incomplete signup" issue .. this time with a Marketpress variation

I have my site set up so that visitors must purchase a paid Membership before being able to purchase store products created using Marketpress.

However, after an incomplete sign-up the "inactive" member is able to purchase those products, thus defeating the purpose of the Membership payment wall.

Any suggestions?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mark77210,

However, after an incomplete sign-up the "inactive" member is able to purchase those products, thus defeating the purpose of the Membership payment wall.

Thanks for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

We are currently testing this out in our development environment, and I'm going to discuss it with the lead developer - to get a fix sorted for you asap.

Thanks again for bringing this up, and of course for being a WPMU Dev member. We will get back to you asap

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mark77210,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Sorry for the delay in a reply.

I was caught up in testing an old version of the plugin and when I brought an error to the developers attention to both of our surprise he found I was working with a very old version. I had to re-install.

My recommendation is to simply not allow incomplete signups --> site admin --> Membership --> Options --> "User registration" section --> Enable incomplete signup accounts box unchecked

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

• Mark
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Joe, I have the latest version and the box is unchecked. What else do you think could be interfering?

Marketpress and Membership work off the same registration process, correct? Could there be a setting in Marketpress similar to the one in Membership?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Marketpress and Membership work off the same registration process, correct? Could there be a setting in Marketpress similar to the one in Membership?

Everything should be running off the membership registration, and the standard registration option for WP should be switched off so that users can't register via any other process.

• Mark

I believe everything is running off the Membership reg. The standard reg box in the general settings is unticked, membership protection is enabled, I have active subscriptions and an active payment gateway, and I have my shortcodes in place. Is there more than that?

• Mark

Hi Barry, the enable incomplete signups box is unchecked.

And just in case it helps .. Use subscription is set to "None" and Use membership level is set to "Free". (I set my access levels up the same as in the tutorial.)

• Mark

Hi, I know you guys are pumping out a lot of new plug-ins (which is great!) but please don't let the support drop. My original request was February 9, a whole month ago, and I still haven't resolved this issue and it's been a week since the last response. I figure 3-4 days is a reasonable time frame to get a response .. what's considered fair from your perspective?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mark77210,

Sorry for the delay in a reply.

I am personally aware of the fact that Barry has been burning the midnight oil trying to get the new release of this exact plugin spit and polished resolving the many issues that have plagued it from the initial onset.

Of course I am sure you are aware of the fact that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, which in this case you are within the many category and as Barry continues to chase the bugs in the older version it continues to delay him from completing the newer version - kind of a catch 22 situation.

I am sure that he will get back to you on this and I personally thank you for your patience and understanding concerning this matter and especially concerning this plugin.

A little inside information concerning this plugin is that it has been in internal beta for about two weeks now as we the tech team tear into it and coordinating with Barry to work out the kinks before its release to the public which for some of my month plus old tickets awaiting the new version - it cannot come soon enough.

Thank you again for your feedback and your patience and I will see about Barry re-visiting this ticket here in the very near future.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Can you let me know the URL of the signup page your created? Also, what are the members listed as in the membership admin page? Active or Inactive? Are there are subscriptions or levels assigned next to them, what is the gateway they are marked as being against?

• Mark

Hi Barry, it seems I am unable to recreate the original conditions. I made some changes and so far so good. I'll mark this post resolved until I run into them again. Thanks for checking in and keep up the good work. Cheers..

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.