Answer about plugins Custom-press template, Appointment. And updates

Hello!
I would need 2 informations about the plugins: Custom-press and appointment
Custompress:
After making a new post type and new custom fields. How can we display it in a specific template (page model) ? I use genesis templates.
IS there a complete video that explain this step?

appointment
I am looking for a solution to sell my "web support services " by ordering an appointment. So, if i understood well... with appointment, it´s possible to do it. And it s also possible to ask for the client to pay to validate the appointment. Correct?
What kind of paiement solutions are available?

And also, i need to know, how to set automaticly plugins wpmu on a website, whereas we are not logged always on it.

Thanks you !!
have a good day !

• Sajid

Hi Aurélie,
    Hope you are doing good today!

Custompress:
    For the full block of all custom fields associated with a post. Just add the following template tag/function where you want to display the fields.
    <?php echo do_shortcode('[custom_fields_block]'); ?>

For individual fields, just click on Embed Code link that appears on mouse over to reveal the code to be used in templates and shortcode for editor (see screenshot).

appointment
    Yes, you can use it for your web services too. By default it has PayPal payment gateway. However, it can easily be integrated with MarketPress plugin that has lots of other payment gateways for payments.

And also, i need to know, how to set automaticly plugins wpmu on a website, whereas we are not logged always on it.

I am sorry but I did not get your point. Could you please explain it a bit more please ?

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Aurélie

Hey !

Ok, thank you for your help.

Custompress: I understood that i have to add shortcode or php code to the model page. But, how do i create the page model?

I mean.. When i create a new post_type.. where do have i to place the php page model of this post_type? and how can i name it?

Then,,i am using genesis tamplate.. so code are also different. Can you help me?

Thanks !!!

"And also, i need to know, how to set automaticly plugins wpmu on a website, whereas we are not logged always on it. " I mean, that i want to know if there is a way to update automaticly the wpmudev plugins . I activate the Update automatic button...but it seam that it doesn t works..

• Sajid

Hi Aurélie,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

You mean the PHP template. It all depends upon your active theme. The standard WordPress theme uses archive.php for list of custom posts and single.php for details.

You can easily create your own template, just copy the archive.php, paste in the same folder and rename it to archive-your_cpt_slug.php (don't forget to replace your_cpt_slug with your newly created custom post type name).

Same goes to single.php, copy paste the file ,rename it to single-your_cpt_slug.php and add the code here.

Regarding the automatic updates of the plugins. It does not update plugins, it is to update the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin itself.

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.