Answer search is not working in your Q/A plugin, and also

Answer search is not working in your Q/A plugin, and also how can i highlight the search words after search in your Q/A plugin?

• Mukund
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Yes exactly, i want to highlight the words in the results, and also need the answer search, right now the Q/A plugin search is retrieving the questions, i want answers too, how can i change the query for this, if user search on Q/A plugin questions page,user should get the words from the questions and answers

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @mukund,

Hope you’re well today and sorry about the delay here.

For highlighting search terms you could try a plugin such as this http://wordpress.org/plugins/highlight-search-terms/ :slight_smile:

For the answer search, out of the box Q&A does not not search answers, I’ve flagged the lead developer for his valuable input here.

But I believe the best way would be to modify the site search, rather than the questions search to search for answers.

Thanks for your patience here.

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

I’m afraid this would take custom coding. Answers are a separate post_type that is attached to their questions. To do the searchyou want would take multiple parts

1 Search ‘question’ post_type for the search term

2Search ‘answer’ for the search term.

3 From the ‘answer’ set find the parent ‘question’ for each ‘answer’

4. Combine both sets of ‘question’ results and remove duplicates and display the resulting ‘question’ list.

Answers do not display by themselves. They are always associated with a Question.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.